Friday, February 11, 2005

v day

Heh. So, I work at an elementary school. Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching and, as is the tradition, our school is overrun with Valentine's Day parties.

Streamers are strung, a plethora of multicolored hearts are strewn about. Each and every hallway is so cluttered with red and white paper that any firefighter that entered this place would instantly faint at the sheer thought of the fire hazard such displays pose.

To say it's inescapable is an exquistite example of understatement.

and now the music starts. The cafetorium, yeah, cafetorium... you know those schools that are too poor to build an auditorium or a gym and have to settle with using their cafeteria as both... it's filled with the most abhorrent sounds that ever chanced to meet these ears. Some mix of country and bluegrass written for children and apparently sung by someone with the talent of a bullfrog.

Man. I'm cheery today.


Actually, I really am.


I had considered going the whole Valentine's-Day-is-the-bain-of-my-existence route, but it just isn't true. I'm a big softy. A romantic through and through. There is absolutely nothing I would cherish more then to have someone, a specific someone, to adorn with whatever gifts I could muster and then serenade her into the early morning... but I don't. Eh. I'm not the kind of guy that could let my "lack of" drive me to ruin someone else's fun. V day is great. Me likey. I just want to join in the fun too.

eh.

*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home