Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Once upon a time (a story inspired by a story that was only somewhat meant to be read by someone.)

Once upon a time there was a boy. He had a life. and it was good.

The life that he once knew exploded into tiny fragments. Sends shrapnel in each and every direction. Wounding his heart deeply. Yet, it was good, only he didn't know it yet.

One day while tending his hands that were gashed from cleaning up the pieces, he found a community of friends where he just happened to fill a need... answering phones. His worries where forgotten and the mess was left. And it was good.

The distraction continued and the mess grew unbeknownst to him. But he found friends. And it was good.

After months, the distraction concluded and life and the mess rushed in on the boy, but still he ignored them and clung to his new friends as his only distraction. And it was not so good.

The mess had grown teeth. They cut and ripped at the boy's flesh leaving little undone, but the boy gritted his teeth and clung to his friends. And it was not so good.

Until one day the boy forgot his link to his friends at home. Alone in a world of teeth. Center stage against an enemy he could find no cover from. His thoughts laid waste to him that day. And surprisingly, it was slightly better then not so good.

A few days passed without the link, and the boy waged an unending war on his thoughts. Slowly, without even realizing, the mess began to fade. And it was good.

Never did he forget his friends. Often the boy thought of them and hoped that his absence was not too much. But the boy was mindful of the wounds to his heart and worked diligently to erase the thoughts that continued to pain him. And it was good.

Then one day the boy stumbled across a note. It wasn't, but was, meant for him. His friends had been wounded while he was away cleaning his mess and fighting his battles. The wounds to his heart, not fully healed, began to ache as he read. Each word pushing the shrapnel deeper. Upon the reverse of the note were phrases penned by multiple hands. Some painful, some confused. The boy staggered back. And there he stands. Is it good?

6 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Seuss said...

Hey man. I enjoyed the time I spent playing with you on XBL and on ILB. The world is a bigger place than the internet(although the internet is big). Sometimes you gotta take care of things, nothing bad about that. True friends will understand... I know I hardly know you, but I thought I'd throw in my $.02

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelo.
I only talked to you a couple of times during ILB, so..take this FWIW.
The outpouring of concern I've seen from your ILB friends speaks volumes towards who you are.
I wish you the best, you deserve it.

--Johnny_Nitro--

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some people use distractions as a way of not dealing with certain emotions, realities or people. It's easier to forget when you have a distraction. Some people choose to go through one distraction after another and some people choose to pause and face reality and deal with it. I think you paused and I think that's good.

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jinxie (as per usual) said it way better than I could have, but I will say this, since your entry is in response to my entry:

The boy staggered back. And there he stands. Is it good?

I. Have. No. Clue.

Next time TELL us for heaven's sake. No, there's not much we on the other side of the digital divide could have done, other than been there for you, but just disappearing...[shakes head]...

And while I may have been the one to complain the loudest, I don't think I'm even the one to have been hurt the most by this; in fact, I *know* I'm not the one to have been hurt the most by this.

And as far as that person goes, if you want to rescue that relationship, I think you're going to have to make the first move.

As far as I'm concerned, yeah, it's good, I think. You're obviously still not good, and that's not good, but at least you're sort of talking. It's a start.

 
At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People jump around
All is green and kilted
Where is my dam beer?

Book of Barku

Vector

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Angelo! I know how it is. Dunno what prompted you to withdraw, but I understand the situation. And yeah there may not be a huge amount we can do to help out, being physically distant, but give us a ring sometime and we'll try :)

-Thunderclap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home