Saturday, February 26, 2005

Of Legolas Greenleaf and such...

There is something to be said of the masterpiece Tolkien crafted. No other work has ever been so astoundingly capable of moving me to desire a few more Orcs in my life.

I find myself desperately desiring adventure, and yet a fair damsel in need of rescue is nowhere to be found. There is no evil ring requiring banishment available. Heck, I can't even find a bloody cat stuck in a tree....

Now I understand, I'm no Legolas Greenleaf. I'm not even close to as dashing as Orlando Bloom, and there is no way I could mount a horse at full gallop by merely reaching beneath him, retrieving his reins and, then in one silky motion, swinging myself under the beast's neck and onto his back. Just watching the movie births the desire in me to move away from the couch and utilize the weights that sit dormant and dusty in my shed.

I crave the excitement and danger to be found in mounting an all out offensive on a power too large for myself alone to overcome.



...



and then I realize, life, the very thing we all take so often for granted, is the greatest adventure any man could ask for. I've spent far too many days that I'll never regain on pointless endeavors.

I don't have any more spare time to waste.

*

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger krystyn said...

I suppose that makes sense.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger angelo said...

Heh... Yeah, I suppose I was in one of 'those' moods, you know, instead of one of 'these' moods...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home