Friday, March 25, 2005

Grin.

I'm generally a pretty upbeat guy. The past few months I've done my best to appreciate the good things around me, of which there are many, and cope with the less enjoyable. In the last twenty-four hours I've been forced to grin. Yes, forced. It's the type of grin that when you finally realize just how stupid you must look it fades for a moment only to return even more forcefully when you are reminded of what made you begin in the first place.

The first was during worship. Well, after worship, actually. God is good.

The second was instigated by merely hearing I had caused a friend to smile.

5 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

Smiling goood. It's a good idea to try to focus on at least 1 thing good every day...that's my philosophy.

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you know what? Reading that made me smile. So kudos to you.
-Thunderclap

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not watching the news helps me alot. I call it blissful ignorance! Keep your head up and I'm praying for you. I know it's gotta be rough right now.

-----------------------
ROBOGriff

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing how you don't know the people you know. A mysterious hand on a keyboard somewhere on the planet reaches out and you happen to reach out and shake. You exchange e-mails or posts or blogs and you begin to feel like you know them. Sometimes it never even occurs to you that you may only be seeing the smallest percentage of that persons being. You embody the electrical pulses and give them a look and personality even an age. You take this small opening that has been extended and develop an entire life for this mysterious hand on a keyboard. Then you wake up one day and realize the hand is not connected to the body or life that you created but to a living, breathing body and life that you could not imagine. It is not the ideal life you constructed but a real life with real problems and hardships. You feel small. You feel weak. But then you understand the beauty of this mysterious hand and the electrical ocean it crossed to meet yours and you realize that which is most important, you are not alone. You grin.
-kaber

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger angelo said...

I do believe, quite certainly infact, that I have never better understood this idea then at this very moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home